Article 1 Contents of the Service
The Service refers to a service in which Users can receive from the Company’s partner restaurants, hotels, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “Shops”) delivery of coupons each type of which has limits on the time period in which it is available, the number of coupon tickets available and the number of people who are entitled to use each coupon ticket (hereinafter referred to as “Coupons”), and entitles the Users to discounts and/or other privileges at the relevant Shop.
Article 2 Use of the Service
- The Service is available free of charge.
- Use of certain functions of the Service requires the User’s registration of information required by the Company.
- Each User warrants that all information registered by him/her with the Service (hereinafter referred to as “Registration Information”) is true and accurate data regarding the User himself/herself.
- Each User shall update his/her Registration Information on an ongoing basis in order to keep it up-to-date.
- The Company shall use each User’s mobile terminal information (hereinafter referred to as “User ID”) to identify such User. To the extent that the Service is used from a mobile with the same User ID, all such use shall be deemed to have been made by the same User associated with such User ID.
- If a User has, or is deemed by the Company to have, breached these Terms, the Company may, without prior notice, delete such User’s Registration Information, temporarily or permanently suspend such User’s use of the Service, or take any other measure/s deemed necessary by the Company.
- If any part of the information items required as Registration Information is modified as a result of renewal of all or part of the Service, certain functions of the Service may no longer be available to Users who fail to register such information items as required after such modification.
- The Company shall have no liability for any disadvantage that may be suffered by Users as a result of any of the measures mentioned in Paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 of this article.
Article 3 Coupons
- Coupons shall be issued by each relevant Shop at its discretion, and the Company makes no warranty that Coupons are issued by the relevant Shop in the Service.
- The rights associated with a Coupon are provided solely by the Coupon ticket displayed by completing the operations to obtain the Coupon on the Service. Any Coupons that may be obtained through any route other than the Service or by any means other than normal use of the Service shall be null and void.
- The Company will send e-mails containing information on Coupons to each User who has registered his/her e-mail address with the Service in the process of using the Service.
- Use of a Coupon requires completion of the operations to download the Coupon ticket from the Service and presentation of the downloaded Coupon ticket to the Shop which issued the Coupon.
- The Company makes no warranty as to the contents of Coupons and shall have no liability for any disadvantage that may be suffered by Users in the process of using such Coupons.
- The Company shall have no concern with any dispute, trouble, etc. that may arise between a User and a Shop in connection with his/her use of a Coupon, which shall be settled between such User and such Shop.
- A Coupon may be used solely by the User who downloaded the corresponding Coupon ticket, and such User may not allow any third party to use such Coupon.
- No Coupons or Coupon tickets may be assigned, sold or leased to any third parties.
Article 4 Mail Delivery
- Each User consents in advance that the following e-mails will be sent to Users who notified the Company of their e-mail address in the process of using the Service:
- E-mails to be sent in the process of providing the Service;
- E-mails containing information on the Service;
- E-mails containing a questionnaire directed to Users; and
- E-mails announcing the Company’s services.
- Each User consents in advance that any of the e-mails listed in Paragraph 1 of this article may be accompanied by advertisements.
- Any User who does not wish to receive from the Company those e-mails listed in Paragraph 1 of this article may stop delivery of such e-mails by giving notice as designated by the Company. However, such User consents in advance that upon suspension of delivery of such e-mails, certain services will no longer be available to such User.
Article 5 Prohibited Acts
- No User shall engage in any of the following acts in his/her use of the Service:
- Using any information posted on the Service for any purpose other than using the Service;
- Reproducing any information posted on the Service (except such User’s response to a questionnaire posted by the User himself/herself) in any external medium;
- Using the Service for any commercial, religious or political activities or for any other purpose other than those approved by the Company;
- Sending or posting to the Service any content containing any harmful computer program, etc.;
- Using the Service by pretending to be someone else;
- Any act that infringes or may infringe any right of the Company or any third party;
- Any act that constitutes or may constitute libel, slander or defamation of the Company or any third party;
- Providing any false information to the Service;
- Any other act that violates or may violate any applicable law or regulation or public order or morals; or
- Any other act deemed inappropriate by the Company.
- If any User engages in any of the prohibited acts, the Company may immediately take any measures deemed necessary by the Company, including deletion of such User’s Registration Information and temporary or permanent suspension of such User’s use of the Service, and any damage suffered by the Company as a result of such act shall be compensated for by the User.
- The Company shall have no liability for any disadvantage or damage that may be suffered by such User as a result of the measures mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
Article 6 Disclaimer
- The Company makes no warranty as to the comprehensiveness, integrity, accuracy, availability, perpetuity, reliability, safety, legitimacy, currency or whatsoever of any information provided in the Service (including all information, etc. provided as part of the Service or provided via e-mails, etc. sent in relation to the Service, and all information contained in any linked site displayed on the Service and managed and/or operated by any third party; hereinafter the same shall apply). Each User shall use any information provided in the Service at his/her own risk. The Company will provide no compensation for, and will have no involvement in, any damage, trouble, legal action or whatsoever that may be suffered by any User in connection with his/her use of such information.
- If deemed necessary by the Company, the Company may temporarily suspend all or part of the Service without prior notice to Users. In such case, the Company shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage that may be suffered by Users.
- The Company makes no warranty that the Service will be free of bugs, functional defects, errors, failures, etc., and shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage that may be suffered by Users as a result of any failure to provide the Service continuously.
- The Company may change or discontinue all or part of the Service without prior notice to Users and shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage that may be suffered by Users as a result of any such change or discontinuation of the Service.
- If the Service contains any link to a service other than the Service, the Company shall have no liability for the content of the destination of any such link.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage or disadvantage that may be suffered by Users as a result of any unauthorized alteration of the Service, unauthorized access to data related to the Service, computer virus infection of the Service or any other wrongful act that was conducted despite substantial safety measures taken by the Company.
- The Company makes no warranty that e-mails sent from the website, server, domain, etc. for the Service and the Service’s content are free of computer viruses or other harmful components.
Article 7 Revision of Contents of the Service
The Company may revise these Terms without prior notice to Users. Upon any revision of these Terms, all acts of Users shall be subject to, and each User consents in advance that all of his/her acts shall be subject to, the revised Terms.
Article 8 Handling of Personal Information
The Company shall strictly and appropriately manage each User’s personal information registered or collected during the Service (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) in accordance with the spirit of the Company’s charter of corporate behavior and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to personal information protection.
Article 9 Intended Use of Personal Information
- The Company may, and each User consents in advance that the Company may, use Personal Information collected during the Service for any of the following purposes, to the extent necessary to achieve the relevant purpose(s):
- Provision of the Service;
- Marketing, including sending direct mail or conducting surveys, promotional activities, loyalty programs, etc.;
- Provision of after-sales service or handling of inquiries or complaints;
- Review, statistical processing or analysis of marketing data;
- Development of new services or new functions; or
- Maintenance of the relevant system or handling of defects in such system.
- The Company will take safety measures to ensure the accuracy and security of Personal Information and will, in case of depositing any Personal Information with a contractor for outsourcing of services or otherwise, select an appropriate contractor and conduct appropriate surveillance of such contractor.
- The Company will not provide any Personal Information of Users to any third party beyond the scope of the intended use of such information. However, the Company may do so in exceptional cases where the provision of such Personal Information is required by any applicable law or regulation, or where the Company chooses to report or notify such Personal Information to, or provide the same at the request from, any person/s or authority/ies concerned, in order to save the relevant User’s life or property, or if such User has caused or is likely to cause damage to any party/ies concerned, the Company or any third party/ies.
- If disclosure and/or any intended use of Personal Information is requested by the relevant User, the Company shall disclose and/or notify the relevant Personal Information by such means as agreed with such User. If this results in such User’s request for correction of, or suspension of use of, such Personal Information or for suspension of provision of the same to any third party/ies, the Company shall comply with such request to the extent reasonable.
- Personal Information shall be registered at the discretion of each User. However, certain part of the Service may not be available in case of a failure to register required information.
Article 10 Contact Point for Inquiries about Personal Information
All inquiries about, or disclosure, deletion or correction of, or any other request regarding, a User’s Personal Information in the possession of the Company will be accepted at, and should be addressed to, the following contact point:
[Contact point for inquiries about Personal Information]
Customer Support, H.I.S. Co., Ltd.
[Tokyo] 03-5908-2505 Weekdays, 10:00 – 18:30; Saturday, 11:00 – 16:30 (closed on Sunday and national holidays)
[Nagoya] 052-955-8333 Weekdays, 10:00 – 18:30; Saturday, 11:00 – 16:30 (closed on Sunday and national holidays)
[Osaka] 06-6133-0320 Weekdays, 10:00 – 18:30; Saturday, 11:00 – 16:30 (closed on Sunday and national holidays)
[Fukuoka] 092-735-5577 Weekdays, 10:00 – 18:30 (closed on Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
Article 11 Contact Point for Inquiries about the Service
All inquiries about the Service provided by the Company will be accepted at, and should be addressed to, the following contact point:
[Contact point for inquiries about the Service]
Coupon Inquiry Service, H.I.S. Co., Ltd.
Article 12 Governing Law; Agreed Court of Competent Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- The parties hereto agree that all disputes related to these Terms or the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court as the court of first instance.
These Terms shall come into force on December 1, 2010.